MY LOOKS


        BY
 
    IDIEGE  NOEL


So I remember how I journeyed alone
from the West to the South
a far away land from my residence
to my motherland where I sit.
So I look.


Looking so depressed
as it is the first time of leaving home
to a place where I have to be alone
I moan.
I moan not because I do not want to further more
but because I will miss my family the more
So I look.


Looking like a Johnny Just Come
I had to find friends who can make up as brothers and sisters
so that they can cover the gap of my siblings
and become once again, part of my little family
I looked.



So small looking among giants
I wondered within me if I could stand gallant
and make my aim paramount
So carefully I looked.


I looked at my tutors
and thought if I could tutor
Nevertheless, it started not too long as I tutored my juniors.



Not too long looking,
I found a family I could call my own.
A periodical one though
but life took another pen and taught me what I never knew since I was born.



Since I was born
I have never experienced a situation where a soup tastes differently from it's original state due to its longevity.
So down beared, I still looked.



As a fresher, I looked for a situation where everyone serves a missing link to the other because of the fear of creating a gap that may seem difficult to close.
So we looked keenly.



Like a loser I looked
when my very first result was published
Looking sorrowfully, I ran to my school family
some of them advised that I should accept my fate, others advise I make a complaint
Convinced within me that I could not have done worser than this
I looked.



With a heart full of grief
I looked for a time when
students can run to their lecturers as parents,
for their fatherly and motherly advises
to make the right choices in life
This I looked for.



I am still sad that I still look
for a time when a lecturer can welcome a student into his office wholeheartedly and seating over a cup of coffee to discuss academics.
I look for.




I search for a time when I can cry
on the shoulders of my tutors and
they will be capable of wiping my tears.
Such time is not hard to find I guess.
So look.




I seek that time when lecturers regardless
of their academic statuses
will look into the eyes of students and know if all is well.
A time like this is still hoped for.




We need a time when our lecturers will
be proud to call us their students
A time when students will be appreciated in public and depreciated in private
A time when constructive criticism will be the order of the day
is what I so seek.




I seek that time when our lecturers
will be compassionate enough to
hear our own part of the story
before punishments are melted out.
A time when in-depth inquiry is carried out, before conclusions are inferred.
I look for it.




A time when our tutors will be
like our friends.
A time when the students will be given the opportunity to speak.
A time that will be bondage free
for students, is the reason why
I look.

Comments

  1. Indeed a nice piece. And we will continue to look until nothing else is left

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hearty piece Noel. You have just worn your heart on your sleeve.
    But my advice for you is to "look less and probably give more..."

    It souds crazy right?

    ...the more you look the less you see, the more hearth broken you become...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice hearty piece Noel. You have just worn your heart on your sleeve.
    But my advice for you is to "look less and probably give more..."

    It souds crazy right?

    ...the more you look the less you see, the more hearth broken you become...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog